For more info on this topic, check out A Brief History of Carbon Steel – Part 1, A Brief History of Carbon Steel – Part 2, and A Brief History of Carbon Steel – Part 3.The Bessemer Process was not…
What Are the Components of a Wellhead and What Do They Do? – Part 2
Forged Components is known as one of the top wellhead component suppliers in the country, but what are the parts of a wellhead and how do they work together? This is the second out of three blog posts that describes…
What Are the Components of a Wellhead and What Do They Do? – Part 3
This is the final post in our series describing wellhead components and their functions. For more information, check out What Are the Components of a Wellhead and What Do They Do? – Part 1 and Part 2.Christmas TreeThe Christmas tree…
Properties of Stainless Steel
Forged Components offers high-quality stainless steel custom pressure vessel connections. Stainless steel has several properties that make it the perfect choice for you next ASME pressure vessel connections forging project.StrongTensile strength measures the resistance of a material to breaking under…
A Brief History of Carbon Steel – Part 2
For more info on this topic, check out last month’s post A Brief History of Carbon Steel – Part 1Carbon steel wasn’t always the reliable metal that we use for our blind flanges and forged steel rings that we use…
Properties of Seamless and Welded Steel Pipe
- All dimensions are in inches.
- All weights are in pounds.
- Dimensions for STD WT, X-STG, XX-STG, SCH 10, 20, 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, and 160 are in accordance with ASME B36.10.
- Dimensions for SCH 5S, 10S, 40S, and 80S are in accordance with ASME B36.19.
- * Wall thickness for Schedule 40, 40S, and Standard Weight are identical though 10" nominal pipe size.
- ** Wall thickness for Schedules 80, 80S, and Extra Strong are identical through 8" nominal pipe size.
- ~ Includes Standard Weight.
- ^ Includes Extra Strong.
- The wall thickness shown is subject to a 12.5% Mill tolerance.
Technical data contained in this section governed by ASME or other Codes/Specifications are subject to change and are therefore provided for information purposes only and are not to be used for design purposes. Refer to latest edition of applicable Code/Specification and addendums thereto for required design data.